TELUS Fibre Optic Network
TELUS Fibre Optic Network
Posted on Tuesday May 06, 2014 at 01:59PM
The Future of Technology is here!
St Paul is excited to be working together with TELUS to bring fibre optic technology to our area in a big way – over 90% of all homes and businesses in the community will have direct access to the TELUS Fibre Optic Network over the next few months.
This project represents a major technological advancement and economic opportunity for the area –
- As a resident with fibre optic cable running right to your house, you will soon be able to enjoy the best in home entertainment, plus access the fastest Internet speeds that TELUS offers (currently up to 100Mbps).
- Access to fibre technology can help spur growth and create opportunities. It means that as a local businesses owner, you will have the bandwidth needed to better serve your customers right from your community and develop innovative ways to deliver services in today’s connected world.
- As a residential or commercial building owner, you will be able to offer your tenants state-of-the-art communication services making your building more attractive to potential buyers and renters.
For more information on fibre optic technology and to register for progress updates, please visit
www.telus.com/ StPaul or call 310-3427.
Author: Town of St. Paul
This news is really interesting to us. As we are focussing on gathering developments in fiber optic markets, we would like to publish this news in our website.
Posted on Thursday May 08, 2014 at 10:30AM by
Fibre has been here for 2 years already
The difference between fibre to the home and the existing Eastlink Fibre is negligible. Inside your home or business will still have to be either coaxial cable or twisted pair phone cable to each outlet.Also Eastlinks top internet speed is up to 200Mbps. They also have a local TV crew who show items relevant to the Lakeland. Why such a big deal is being made out of Telus playing catch up is totally beyond me.
Posted on Wednesday May 28, 2014 at 12:14PM by
marketing, snake oil is all it is
they have done this is other communities and yes the fibre is not to the house like they want you to believe. Most cable companies already do what telus claims to be "new and exiting" and then you get locked into a 3 year contract and a really expensive cable bill... thanks but no thanks!
Posted on Friday November 21, 2014 at 03:19PM by
Telus FTTH will blow east link away
simply the gold standard of telecom FTTH (Fibre TO The Home) is the future. Cable companies fear this as they only have fibre to the node. still a long, coax to the house. Telus new network is = to Google fibre which currently boasts 1000 megabits per second. awesome
Posted on Friday April 10, 2015 at 12:19AM by
Comment on our article:
Posts By Date
- Reception Centre for Evacuees has been activated
- Transfer Station - St. Paul Waste Management Facility & Recycling Centre
- Friendly Welcome Program
- Local Resteraunts Support Fort McMurray
- Notice of Council Meeting - August 13, 2020
- New Skate Park - Playground Zone
- Movie Night - Drive In Style
- Alberta's Iron Horse Trail - 10 Year Strategic Development Plan